Dyma Criw Cymraeg. (Here is Criw Cymraeg)
Dw'n hoffi siarad Cymraeg. (We like speaking Welsh).
Our aim is to get everyone speaking as much Welsh as possible and understand how fabulous it is to live in Wales.
Our aims this year are -
- Create a lovely Welsh ethos around the school.
- Share the advantages of speaking Welsh.
- Use more incidental Welsh inside and out.
- Achieve the Silver Siarter Iaith award.
So far this year we have -
- Organised and sent out the competitions for an Eisteddfod for the Foundation Phase and Key Stage 2; including the homework challenge of creating something to represent Cymru Am Byth.
- Judged the Eisteddfod competitions.
- Hosted the Eisteddfod for all of the Foundation Phase and Key Stage 2 and presented all the certificates.
- Researched Welsh games that could be played at break times.
- Ran playground games in Welsh at break times for Key Stage 2.
- Spoken to Miss Jones in Welsh to help her, after her Welsh course.
During the pandemic, Criw Cymraeg continued it's work when it could as a class and as a whole school initiative.